Life-Changing Morning Rituals for Diabetic Patients
Diabetes is an irreversible condition in which the human body reduces insulin production or stops responding to the insulin produced. If not controlled, it can adversely impact the heart, kidneys, eyes, or other body parts.
Diabetes may be incurable but, it can be treated and prevented in two ways:
Follow a healthy routine by going to bed at the same time every night, getting enough peaceful sleep, and sleeping early. Try to avoid stressful activities as they can trigger diabetes. Exercise or walk daily for at least an hour to keep your sugar levels in control.
A balanced diet is very important to stay fit and to prevent diseases. Moderate intakes of meat, grains, pulses, fruits, and vegetables not only provide you with the required nutrients but, also help boost your immune system. Avoid processed and canned foods if you are a diabetic patient or your sugar is at the borderline. Shift your diet to produce insulin that is naturally available to you.
Here are a few components provided by mother nature that can help manage your blood sugar if taken at the right intervals and in the proper quantity.
- Soaked almonds: Almonds contain fats and proteins which are beneficial for sugar control. Soak 5 to 8 almonds at night, peel, and eat them in the morning. Almond helps nutrients and antioxidants to flow steadily in our body. It also helps reduce weight which indirectly leads to a healthy lifestyle which is important for diabetes control.
- Fenugreek water: Fenugreek or Methi seeds help detoxify the human circulatory system and soluble fiber which helps slow down the sugar absorption process in the body. Thus, intake of fenugreek water is beneficial for diabetic patients. Just soak around a tbsp of fenugreek seeds in water overnight and drink the water in the morning.
- High-protein breakfast: Protein-rich diet is very important to ensure a balanced diet as our body requires high protein intake. Eggs, legumes, lentils, oats, and whole-grain are rich in protein and prevent sugar from spiking to high levels. Fish and dairy products are also high in protein.
- High-fiber diet: Try to eat more and more raw fruits rather than engulfing the juices out of them. Fruits have high fiber content; however, when we take them in juice form, all the fiber is separated and high amounts of sugar are left in the drink. Eat more and more vegetables which are also a source of healthy fiber.
- Liquids: Do not stay dehydrated for long durations. Keep on drinking water or non-sugary natural drinks at regular intervals as dehydration triggers sugar levels to rise exceptionally. Lemonade, yogurt lassi, and herbal tea are non-harmful drinks that you can take at any time of the day.
Following a healthy lifestyle and taking a proper protein and fiber-rich diet would definitely keep your sugar levels at bay. Eat a heavy meal at breakfast, a moderate meal at lunch, and eat a light diet at dinner for easy digestion.
More inHealthy Trends
3 Things to Get Done Before The Cold & Flu Season Arrives
Trapped inside a house with nowhere to go – sound familiar? We’ll give you a hint – pandemic quarantine! Those two...October 24, 2020
Excessive Hand Washing and Using Sanitizer Can Lead to Eczema: Here’s What to Do about It
The best and the first line of defense against the spread of the coronavirus is to wash hands or use alcohol...October 22, 2020
Corona Virus and Influenza Share Similar Symptoms- Can They Share a Similar Vaccine?
The novel coronavirus arrived as a grim reaper at the finale of 2019 and overshadowed all hopes and plans for the...October 22, 2020
What Is Micellar Water? Is This Wonder Potion Worth The Hype?
You might have heard about micellar water from a beauty guru or seen it in the market, but have you ever wondered what...October 21, 2020
4 Things to Keep Lungs Healthy You Already Know But Probably Don’t Follow
Everyone keeps saying health is wealth, and we’ve probably heard it a million times during the pandemic. But how many of...October 20, 2020
Everything About Blackheads — This Could Be the Most Effective Way to Remove Them
At first glance, blackheads look like tiny moles but these are actually another form of acne. Unfortunately, they are far more...October 20, 2020
Worried Your Sweet Tooth Just Won’t Let You Cut Down Your Sugar Intake? Try These Amazing Dessert Substitutes That Will Surely Satisfy Your Craving
Are you on a mission to avoid sweet treats as much as possible? If you are trying to limit your sugar intake...October 19, 2020
Pentagon For Pregnancy – 5 Fruits You Must Have When You’re Expecting
Pregnancy makes you highly cautious about everything. It triggers a lot of health-related confusions and questions, right? And one of the...October 16, 2020
Have You Been Diagnosed With a Scary Health Condition? Here’s You Can Tackle the Mental Toll that Comes With It
Being human is all about preparing for the future. You might plan ahead for years and years, about even the smallest...October 13, 2020