Did You Know About The 6 Dimensions Of Wellness?
When people think about wellness, positive physical health comes to their mind mostly. However, there’s a lot more to it than just physicality. The concept of spiritual and mental well-being is also a part of wellness. It is a comprehensive perspective that reaches way beyond the normal concept of health toward physical, spiritual, and mental well-being, aiming and achieving positive lifestyle factors like gratitude and success.
In 1976, a man named Bill Hettler founded the 6 Dimensions of Wellness. However, these days people only have 1 or 2 dimensions. There are a minimum of 7 dimensions of wellness, and we will discuss them in this article. We have researched and collected all the interesting and fascinating data about this topic and are ready to entertain you with it. So, keep reading!
What Exactly Is Wellness?
The National Institute of Wellness defines it as a state of mind in which people actively make choices towards awareness to become aware of a more positive and successful existence. They also agree that wellness is affirming and positive; it is a deliberate, independent, evolving process of attaining full potential.
The Dimensions Of Wellness
The founder of the dimensions of wellness created the entire phenomenon in the form of a hexagonal model. According to him, the activities and attributes embraced are the following:
- Physical: this measures the degree to which one is mindful of the benefits of consuming a healthy diet, and takes good care of their cardiovascular health.
- Spiritual: the commitment to find out the purpose and meaning of a human’s existence in this world; it is a profound appreciation of the natural forces of the universe and a gaping awareness of the expanse and depth of life.
- Intellectual: a person who, very smartly and carefully, avails the most out of given resources to expand their skills and knowledge; it measures the degree to which one seizes stimulating and creative activities.
- Social: how much of a role one plays in contributing to his or her society; this is the dimension that focuses on a person’s connectivity with other people as well as the natural world.
- Emotional: This dimension focuses on how the individual is aware of and accepts their own feelings; the degree of enthusiasm and positivity about one’s life.
- Occupational: the measure of satisfaction from work and the sum of the enrichment associated with it.
The hexagonal model was first created within the environment of a college campus at the University of Wisconsin for implementation as the program aimed for improved well-being.
However, later the National Institute of Wellness adopted this model as well.
More inHealthy Trends
How to Get Enough Vitamin B12 Through a Meatless Diet Plan?
If you are a veggie and have a plant-based diet plan, you know how rewarding it is. Be it in terms...May 29, 2022
Are Low-Income Family Kids More Vulnerable to Food Allergies? Hear From Experts
Food allergy is a growing concern of the day. Primarily, it is rapidly growing among kids. Medical studies show that food...May 29, 2022
How To Tell When Medicine Is Safe For You And Your Baby
There may come a time during your pregnancy when you’re feeling under the weather and aren’t sure if you can take...May 27, 2022
How Reliable is Calorie Deficit Diet Approach For Weight Loss? Hear From an Expert Dietician
If you have a weight loss plan in mind, it is sane to assess what you consume every day. Every single...May 27, 2022
Deborah James Reflects On Battle With Bowel Cancer
BBC presenter and podcast host Deborah James has been honored with a damehood after raising millions of pounds for charity as...May 26, 2022
Fenugreek Health Benefits
Fenugreek is a clover-like herb native to the Mediterranean region, southern Europe, and western Asia. Its seeds, which smell and taste...May 26, 2022
How To Start Counting Macros For Weight Loss?
In the world of weight loss, there are TONS of diet plans out there. Some work. Some don’t. You can count...May 25, 2022
Rebel Wilson’s Weight Loss Journey And Motivation
Rebel Wilson knows a thing or two about being in the public eye. Whether she’s talking about her ‘year of health’...May 23, 2022
What Does an Efficient Weight Loss Plan Look Like?
Nothing can possibly be better than feeling good about yourself. Your body is the first ambassador that determines how you feel...May 13, 2022