Aromatherapy: What Does it Mean & How Does it Enhance Your Learning Skills
They say there’s no age limit to learning. We might have hit our forties or fifties, but every once a while, we’re bound to come across days when it feels like our learning needs to improve, if not for ourselves, then at least for our kids. Agree?
Now when it comes to learning enhancement, there are an endless number of apps and new-age techniques available. But often, it’s the simple traditional stuff that works best. And aromatherapy has proven to show remarkable results in terms of sharpening learning skills and memory power.
Aromatherapy is a natural healing technique that uses plant extracts to promote human health. It helps in building brain power, focus, and alertness using natural essential oils. Join us as we unfold some of its key benefits and secrets.
Benefits of aromatherapy
Aromatherapy has been used by people globally, and it is said to have benefits like:
- Improving sleep quality – For people suffering from insomnia or stress, aromatherapy might help provide a calm and peaceful sleep. The pleasant scent of essential oils gives quite a very fresh feeling while also controlling stress hormones, making it easier to fall asleep.
- Helping boost immunity – A good immune system is essential to fight diseases, and aromatherapy builds and maintains it. It also treats headaches, common cold, fever, and migraines.
- Improves digestion – Certain essential oils have the power to improve your digestive system and cure diseases related to it.
- Improves concentration power – Kids usually get distracted easily. A drop or two of essential oils may help them focus on one thing at a time. Gently inhaling the scents can also help the kids feel more relaxed.
Essential aromatherapy oils
Though there can be many additions to this list, here are some of the most soothing aromatherapy oils:
- Eucalyptus: This scent is usually used to cure the common cold, flu, and cough. It is also known to boost energy levels and help in improving memory power and learning.
- Lemon: For people having anxiety issues, lemon essential oil is known to have the potential to lower stress.
- Peppermint: This scent is known to increase alertness and improve mood, focus, and energy level. Studies have shown that peppermint scent boosts concentration power and the ability to remember things for a longer period of time. Finally, something that can make your kids stop asking you the same thing for the hundredth time!
- Rosemary: Rosemary Extract results in relaxed breathing and has the ability to increase blood flow to the brain. Rosemary is one of the best essential oils which enhance memory power and learning skills.
To sum it up
Essential oils and aromatherapy hold a lot of physical and mental health benefits, but you also need to consider the slight drawbacks to them. Mostly, these oils are safe to use, but children and pregnant women must use these oils under certain precautions. The side effects may include rashes, headaches, and allergic reactions.
More inHealthy Trends
Experts Break Down the Best and Worst Diets for 2021
World Report and US News recently released their list for Best Diets in 2021, which is carefully curated annually by a...April 29, 2021
Why Your Body Needs Magnesium & What Happens When You Neglect It
A wise man once said – the human body is the most complex machine. Well, he couldn’t be more right! To...April 28, 2021
Survey Uncovers Shocking Harassment of Doctors on Social Media
During the Coronavirus pandemic, the world witnessed numerous cases of medical professionals being shunned by people. Many doctors, nurses, and other...April 23, 2021
Nutritionists Break Down What You Need to Know About Almond Milk
The year of lockdown gave birth to many new trends worldwide, one of them being fitness. Many people began to actively...April 22, 2021
Vaccination Can’t Save Some People From the Virus, Says the CDC
Recently, even after receiving their vaccination, a small group of people developed the virus, as outlined by the Center for Disease...April 21, 2021
Experts Claim You Might Have an Eating Disorder Without Even Knowing It!
Diets are amongst the most trending topics on the internet today. Everywhere you look, there’s a self-proclaimed expert handing out unsolicited...April 20, 2021
Keeping Children Safe From Hand Sanitizers – A Few Tips
Since the spread of the Coronavirus, two things have become supremely essential: a face mask and a hand sanitizer. With precautions...April 20, 2021
Is Your Joint Pain Making Everyday Chores Challenging? Understand Its Root Cause First
Each one of us has at least once in life faced joint pain and body ache. But how many understand why...April 16, 2021
Dr. Elnathan’s Tips on How Second-Language English Speaking Scientists Can Boost Their Careers
English is the global language – and also the language of science. What’s strange is that half of the world’s scientists...April 14, 2021