Aromatherapy: What Does it Mean & How Does it Enhance Your Learning Skills
They say there’s no age limit to learning. We might have hit our forties or fifties, but every once a while, we’re bound to come across days when it feels like our learning needs to improve, if not for ourselves, then at least for our kids. Agree?
Now when it comes to learning enhancement, there are an endless number of apps and new-age techniques available. But often, it’s the simple traditional stuff that works best. And aromatherapy has proven to show remarkable results in terms of sharpening learning skills and memory power.
Aromatherapy is a natural healing technique that uses plant extracts to promote human health. It helps in building brain power, focus, and alertness using natural essential oils. Join us as we unfold some of its key benefits and secrets.
Benefits of aromatherapy
Aromatherapy has been used by people globally, and it is said to have benefits like:
- Improving sleep quality – For people suffering from insomnia or stress, aromatherapy might help provide a calm and peaceful sleep. The pleasant scent of essential oils gives quite a very fresh feeling while also controlling stress hormones, making it easier to fall asleep.
- Helping boost immunity – A good immune system is essential to fight diseases, and aromatherapy builds and maintains it. It also treats headaches, common cold, fever, and migraines.
- Improves digestion – Certain essential oils have the power to improve your digestive system and cure diseases related to it.
- Improves concentration power – Kids usually get distracted easily. A drop or two of essential oils may help them focus on one thing at a time. Gently inhaling the scents can also help the kids feel more relaxed.
Essential aromatherapy oils
Though there can be many additions to this list, here are some of the most soothing aromatherapy oils:
- Eucalyptus: This scent is usually used to cure the common cold, flu, and cough. It is also known to boost energy levels and help in improving memory power and learning.
- Lemon: For people having anxiety issues, lemon essential oil is known to have the potential to lower stress.
- Peppermint: This scent is known to increase alertness and improve mood, focus, and energy level. Studies have shown that peppermint scent boosts concentration power and the ability to remember things for a longer period of time. Finally, something that can make your kids stop asking you the same thing for the hundredth time!
- Rosemary: Rosemary Extract results in relaxed breathing and has the ability to increase blood flow to the brain. Rosemary is one of the best essential oils which enhance memory power and learning skills.
To sum it up
Essential oils and aromatherapy hold a lot of physical and mental health benefits, but you also need to consider the slight drawbacks to them. Mostly, these oils are safe to use, but children and pregnant women must use these oils under certain precautions. The side effects may include rashes, headaches, and allergic reactions.
More inHealthy Trends
Hepatitis A Outbreak in New Jersey. What does this really mean?
There can’t be a scarier moment than when you realize that while you were leisurely having coffee at your favorite spot,...December 1, 2021
Misinformation On Social Media Leads to Tension Among Patients
We get it, cancer is an extremely serious situation. No one can quite imagine what a patient goes through; it not...November 30, 2021
Does The Traditional Thanksgiving “Turkey” Make You Feel Lethargic?
Imagine this yearly ritual: you’re sitting in the dining room, having the most scrumptious and lip-smacking meal of the day. You...November 26, 2021
Experts Break Down the Best and Worst Diets for 2021
World Report and US News recently released their list for Best Diets in 2021, which is carefully curated annually by a...November 25, 2021
Here’s Your One-stop Solution To A Healthy, Glowing Skin, Like Kate Hudson’s
C’mon, be honest with this one! While watching the movie How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, didn’t you all...November 24, 2021
Diabetes-Friendly Munching Ideas That’ll Satisfy Your Hunger Strikes
It’s common knowledge that eating a little something between meals helps keep our metabolism alive. But what that “something” is makes...November 24, 2021
Who Wins The Nutrition Battle – Chicken Or Tofu?
When you’re trying to take your initial steps towards better nutrition, almost every expert will tell you that lean protein is...November 22, 2021
Here’s What You Need To Know About Cholesterol, Statins, And Ceramides
Everyone knows that a high level of cholesterol is dangerous for their health as it could lead to life-threatening medical issues...November 12, 2021
Tips and Tricks to Make Your Salads More Interesting and Filling
We won’t be subtle about it. Most people hate salads because nearly seven out of ten salad recipes are awful! And...November 7, 2021