Aromatherapy: What Does it Mean & How Does it Enhance Your Learning Skills
They say there’s no age limit to learning. We might have hit our forties or fifties, but every once a while, we’re bound to come across days when it feels like our learning needs to improve, if not for ourselves, then at least for our kids. Agree?
Now when it comes to learning enhancement, there are an endless number of apps and new-age techniques available. But often, it’s the simple traditional stuff that works best. And aromatherapy has proven to show remarkable results in terms of sharpening learning skills and memory power.
Aromatherapy is a natural healing technique that uses plant extracts to promote human health. It helps in building brain power, focus, and alertness using natural essential oils. Join us as we unfold some of its key benefits and secrets.
Benefits of aromatherapy
Aromatherapy has been used by people globally, and it is said to have benefits like:
- Improving sleep quality – For people suffering from insomnia or stress, aromatherapy might help provide a calm and peaceful sleep. The pleasant scent of essential oils gives quite a very fresh feeling while also controlling stress hormones, making it easier to fall asleep.
- Helping boost immunity – A good immune system is essential to fight diseases, and aromatherapy builds and maintains it. It also treats headaches, common cold, fever, and migraines.
- Improves digestion – Certain essential oils have the power to improve your digestive system and cure diseases related to it.
- Improves concentration power – Kids usually get distracted easily. A drop or two of essential oils may help them focus on one thing at a time. Gently inhaling the scents can also help the kids feel more relaxed.
Essential aromatherapy oils
Though there can be many additions to this list, here are some of the most soothing aromatherapy oils:
- Eucalyptus: This scent is usually used to cure the common cold, flu, and cough. It is also known to boost energy levels and help in improving memory power and learning.
- Lemon: For people having anxiety issues, lemon essential oil is known to have the potential to lower stress.
- Peppermint: This scent is known to increase alertness and improve mood, focus, and energy level. Studies have shown that peppermint scent boosts concentration power and the ability to remember things for a longer period of time. Finally, something that can make your kids stop asking you the same thing for the hundredth time!
- Rosemary: Rosemary Extract results in relaxed breathing and has the ability to increase blood flow to the brain. Rosemary is one of the best essential oils which enhance memory power and learning skills.
To sum it up
Essential oils and aromatherapy hold a lot of physical and mental health benefits, but you also need to consider the slight drawbacks to them. Mostly, these oils are safe to use, but children and pregnant women must use these oils under certain precautions. The side effects may include rashes, headaches, and allergic reactions.
More inHealthy Trends
Did You Know Flavonoid-rich Food Helps Prevent Risk of Dementia?
Remember the times when our moms used to trick us into eating colorful fruits and veggies? Those were the good old...August 4, 2021
Can an Increase in Whole Grain Foods Curb The Risk of Cardiovascular Diseases
As per WHO, cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are a major reason for deaths on a global level. In 2019, about 18 million...July 20, 2021
Feeling Unfocused & Mind-sluggish? Here’s What You Can Do
Meet Delia Lewis, a marketing strategist from New Jersey. Three months into the pandemic, she started feeling sluggish and foggier (more...July 16, 2021
Dear Ladies, Be Careful. You’re More Prone to Anxiety Disorders Than Men
Calling all beautiful ladies out there – if you feel like your life isn’t that sparkly anymore, or your work isn’t...July 16, 2021
To Lose Those Last Pesky Pounds in a Healthy Way, You Need to Understand Your Hunger
Do you often think how good it would be to successfully control your hunger? Or at least ignore it? Yes, it’s...July 14, 2021
This 23-Year-Old Suffered from Back Pain Because of Vaping
What may look cool as a trend might not be the best for your health, and 23-year-old Meghan McTigue had to...July 7, 2021
Thinking Of Anaerobic Exercise? Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Every now and then, people come across different types of exercises that claim to help them shed a few extra pounds....July 5, 2021
Are People Infected With The Virus Prone To Diabetes?
Who would have thought that one day we’ll have to watch the sky from inside our buildings, or wash our hands...July 5, 2021
Here’s What You Should Know About Oxidative Stress
Are you obsessed with skincare and your overall health in general? Well, if you’re, there’s no doubt that you must have...June 25, 2021