Nutritionists View on Chocolate Milk And Its Effects on The Body
Chocolate milk is perhaps the most simple and cheapest yet delicious drink that people of all ages worldwide. Perhaps it’s the nostalgia that we attach to it or the fact that it’s impossible not to love it!
It is made with three to four easily available ingredients: milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla ice cream (optional) for decoration and an added flavor.
You must have heard from your school coaches to drink chocolate milk after every practice, or your parents would treat you with a chocolate milk drink after a long day. This is because it contains the same nutrients as found in unflavoured milk along with additional benefits that add up to become a secret weapon for well-performing athletes all around the world.
It is an excellent low-fat drink that increases your calcium and vitamin intake in your body. Along with being rich in carbs and calories, it also provides protein, potassium, phosphorus, and riboflavin, which help convert food into energy and help to build and maintain stronger bones and lean muscles.
Alex Green/ Pexels | No one ever grows out of love for chocolate milk
Chocolate milk according to your diet:
As an adult, everyone craves a sip of their childhood favorite drink, but unfortunately, not all of us can go back to chugging down a glass of chocolate drink every day because of problems like lactose intolerance or diabetes.
Luckily enough, there are a few ways to turn chocolate milk into an all-organic drink. You can replace the sugar with natural sweeteners. Similarly, you can also replace the milk with dairy-free almond milk and gluten with all-natural dark cocoa powder and pure vanilla extract. Instead of adding chocolate, you could use diet-based chocolate syrup.
Here’s how chocolate drink impacts your body and health
- Improves your skin: Yes, it’s true, chocolate milk helps in strengthening and maintaining healthy skin! It is loaded with Vitamin A and B-6 with a little bit of potassium which strengthens your skin and removes wrinkles. It also helps in retaining water in the skin along with removing dead skin and replacing it with new skin cells giving your skin a natural glow.
- Replenishes Electrolytes: Chocolate drinks are heavily considered as a recovery drink because it replenishes the sugars, fluids and electrolytes lost during a heavy workout. It also rehydrates the body and prevents dehydration.
- Muscle repair: The potassium concentration fulfills the energy requirements of your muscles and protects them from pain, fatigue, or stiffness. In short, chocolate milk acts like a natural and healthy energy drink with additional benefits to certain parts of your body. The protein levels repair any damaged muscle and build and strengthen them along with preparing them for the next workout.
However, this drink does have some downsides:
Igor Haritanovich/ Pexels | Chocolate is ground from the beans of happiness.
- Rich in sugar: Most of the carbs in a chocolate milk drink come from added sugars. Nutritionists typically recommend the average intake of 6 teaspoons of sugar per day in adults and children. One cup of chocolate milk contains 3-4 teaspoons.
- Heart diseases: The saturated fats and added sugars could put your body at risk of heart diseases such as high cholesterol and Triglyceride.
More inHealthy Trends
Going Through Early Menopause and Before The Risk of Dementia Later On
Early menopause officially begins between the ages of 45 and 55 with an average age of 51 in the United States....March 29, 2022
Such a Braveheart! Selma Blair’s Powerful Fight with Multiple Sclerosis
In the midst of her fight against multiple sclerosis, Selma Blair is “rediscovering resilience.” The actress declared March to be MS...March 22, 2022
Best Essential Oils For Colds And Congestion And How To Use Them
Essential oils are a popular natural treatment. People use them to relieve sinus congestion, unblock a stuffed nose, and promote sinus...March 15, 2022
Here’s How a Man “Almost Lost His Life” Because of Eating
We recently saw a 2021 research project on a man in a shocking turn of events. He has suffered from organ...March 10, 2022
Are You Sure You Aren’t Ignoring These Easy Sources of Protein?
Have you been feeling lethargic lately? Do you often go through energy-drain phases? If the answer to those questions is ‘Yes,’...March 3, 2022
Things Parents Must Keep In Mind to Avoid Obesity in Their Children
It’s a practical no brainer that this pandemic has changed our lives forever in so many ways. It has not just...February 23, 2022
Feeling Lazy at Home? Here are our Top Budget-Friendly Ideas to Get More Exercise
What better gift would we be able to give our kids than to assist them with feeling invigorated, solid, and intellectually...February 21, 2022
Are Rice Cakes a Healthy Snack According to Nutritionists?
Rice cakes are a widely popular snack that has now become a pantry staple. These cakes are made from rice, as...February 17, 2022
8 Innovative and Healthy Lunch Ideas For Work
You need to be in the mood for your workday lunch every weekday. You might be vegan or gluten-free. The problem...February 16, 2022